Nugenix and Ageless Male Max
are both testosterone booster supplements designed to address the decline in
testosterone levels that comes with aging. While they share the common goal of
boosting testosterone, each supplement takes a different approach. Nugenix aims
to increase core testosterone levels, while Ageless Male Max focuses on
protecting and maintaining existing testosterone levels. Both supplements claim
to improve energy, vitality, and libido.
Ultimately, we don't actually recommend either of these testosterone boosters as there are far better options at this price point, but either way we're going to do the breakdown.
The short version is both offer a vitamin blend, neither are comprehensive for testosterone production with both missing vitamin K, nugenix underdosing zinc, missing vitamin D but having boron. With ageless male max, getting zinc right, having vitamin D, but missing boron.
Beyond that they both contain a decent dose of fenugreek and that's it. Whilst these ingredients are all fine for testosterone supplements, they're offering half of a comprehensive test boosting and charging premium prices.
Nugenix is a little bit cheaper, and seeing as there isn't much seperating the ingredients profile, so we'd probably say that's even though it is a slightly worse product it is the better value option out of the two. But, it's not really a big victory as neither Ageless Male or Nugenix hold up against things like Prime Male. Which has all the same effective ingredients, in better doses, along with DAA, Ashwagandha (in it's correct dose) and Ginseng, which are arguably more effective than anything in Nugenix Total T or Ageless Male Max. Certainly in terms of dealing with the mental stressors of lowered testoterone and the symptoms, such as poor mood, libido, sleep issues etc. And of course raising testosterone levels itself.
We'd recommend you check out Prime Male instead.
Scored 2/5 in our full review
Nugenix includes a total of six ingredients, each contributing to its potent formula. These ingredients work synergistically to enhance testosterone production and support overall male health. Some of the notable ingredients in Nugenix are:
1. Fenugreek Extract (600mg): Fenugreek has been shown to increase testosterone levels and improve libido. This is a good dosage and well within the effective range as shown in clinical studies.
2. Zinc (1mg): Zinc is an essential mineral for testosterone production and overall male reproductive health. 1mg however isn't going to do much, zinc has been shown to raise testosterone levels in zinc deficient men, but the RDI is 15mg, and 1mg simply isn't enough.
3. Vitamin B6 (2mg): Vitamin B6 plays a role in testosterone synthesis and hormone regulation. This is a fine ingredient as is b12 and the dosages are within clinically studied ranges.
4. Vitamin B12 (2.4 mcg): Vitamin B12 is important for energy metabolism and overall vitality. It supports various enzyme reactions in the body and aids in the synthesis of neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin, which regulate mood and stress response
5. Boron (10mg): Boron has been shown to reduce inflammation, support bone health, and increase free testosterone levels. Once again this is dosed correctly, and boron has been shown to increase testosterone levels in healthy men. Another good inclusion for Nugenix Total T.
6. L-Citrulline Malate (1125mg): L-Citrulline Malate is an amino acid that helps improve blood flow and enhance exercise performance. This is OK, there isn't really much here that's going to boost testosterone levels, but it can help with workouts. And seeing as one of the key selling points of testosterone boosters is the ability to increase lean muslce mass, it's fine.
7. Peat moss - which has absolutely no relevance to a testosterone supplement and is a novelty ingredient.
Ageless Male Max, on the other hand, has a simpler ingredient profile with a focus on maintaining and protecting existing testosterone levels. The primary ingredient in Ageless Male Max is Testofen®, a proprietary blend of fenugreek seed extract standardized to 50% Fenuside™.
1. Vitamin D (41.65mcg): Vitamin D plays a crucial role in testosterone production and overall bone health. Vitamin D has been shown to improve athletic performance in men, even taking it far beyond the recommended daily minimum and increase testosterone levels, particularly in deficient men. And according to some studies nearly 50% of the US population is deficient.
2. Niacin (8mg): Niacin, also known as vitamin B3, supports energy metabolism and overall well-being. This doesn't do much for testosterone, but it takes very little capsule space and can help if you're trying get more lean which is the target goal of a lot of test booster customers.
3. Vitamin B6 (1mg): Vitamin B6 is involved in testosterone synthesis and hormone regulation.
4. Vitamin B12 (1.2mg): Vitamin B12 is essential for energy metabolism and may contribute to overall vitality. B12 supports various enzyme reactions in the body and aids in the synthesis of neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin, which regulate mood and stress response, which in turn has an impact on testosterone levels. It's a solid ingredient for Ageless Male Max.
5. Zinc (15mg): Zinc is crucial for testosterone production and male reproductive health. And 15mg is actually the correct dose. It plays a crucial role in the synthesis of testosterone and contributes to the overall function of the male reproductive system
6. Fenucide: Once again we've got fenugreek and within the effective dosage range.
7. Ashwagandha 338mg - has been shown to reduce stress, improve mood, and support healthy testosterone levels. This is dosed correctly for stress at above 300mg, but below the ideal dose for testosterone.
8. NoX Perform - This is a random blend of fruits and vegatables which sounds good, but is too low dosed to do anything at all.
All in all we're looking at very similar ingredient profiles between the two products, and what this really comes down to is Vitamin D and (an adequate dose of) zinc vs Boron. And the question is really going to be whether or not you're deficient in D or Zinc. Whilst vitamin D has been shown to improve athletic performance better than L Citrulline, Zinc is only going to beat out boron if you don't have enough of it. But, there is a chance that vitamin D may be more effective than Boron depending on your predisposition to the vitamins. Meaning that ultimately in terms of ingredients we have something of a coin flip.
We should mention that there are plenty of testosterone boosters which are better, such as Prime Male , which comes in at about the same price as nugenix the cheaper of the two options here. It has the same doses of the effective ingredients, but replaces L Citruline with the more effective DAA (for both working out and testosterone levels) and includes both Ashwagandha and Ginseng. Both of these herbs are more effective at raising test levels in otherwise healthy men than most of the other ingredients Nugenix Total T or Ageless Male Max meaning you get the benefits of both supplements for less money than either individually.
The opinions of users can provide valuable insights into the effectiveness and overall satisfaction of a product. When it comes to Nugenix Total T and Ageless Male Max, user reviews are generally positive, with many individuals reporting improvements in energy levels, libido, and overall well-being.
Nugenix Total T has garnered a strong following among fitness enthusiasts and athletes, with users praising its ability to enhance muscle growth, increase stamina, and improve athletic performance. And if you're deciding between Nugenix Total T and Ageless Male Max, it's worth noting in general, Nugenix Total T receives more positive reviews from users.
Ageless Male Max, on the other hand, is often praised for its mood-enhancing properties and its ability to support healthy testosterone levels. Users have reported feeling more energized, focused, and mentally sharp after taking Ageless Male Max. Additionally, many individuals have experienced improvements in their sexual desire and performance. Which would make sense due to the Ashwagandha being dosed at least well enough to be in line with stress and mood studies, if not actually boosting testosterone.
It should be noted that there were also a lot of negative reviews for both products saying that they simply don't work.
Ageless Male Max is generally considered safe for most men when taken as directed. However, some users have reported experiencing mild side effects such as stomach upset or digestive issues. As with any supplement, it's important to consult with a healthcare professional if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking medications.
While Nugenix Total T is generally considered safe for most men, it's important to be aware of potential side effects. Some users have reported experiencing mild gastrointestinal issues, such as bloating or stomach discomfort. Additionally, individuals with pre-existing medical conditions or those taking medications should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement.
Neither, you can get all of the same ingredients in better doses for less money from Prime Male.
There really isn't a good reason to get Nugenix or Ageless Male Max instead, unless for some reason Prime Male is out of stock.
That said if you must pick one of the two, we'd say that Ageless Male is the slightly better product in that the Ashwagandha content will improve sleep and mood. Perhaps the L-Citrulline could work for some people looking to build lean muscle more effectively than the correct zinc dosage, vitamin D and Ashwandha combined if they're hyper responders, but it's not overly likely. Even if the price point does make Nugenix more appealing.